Wednesday 28 May 2014

Taking a Leap of Faith

Too often we're told all the reasons we can't do something. Recently I've had the incredible fortune of meeting so many brave individuals who have advised me to just "go for it". No matter the dream or ambition.

I'm a worrier, so one of those people who have to sit down and plan one action over and over again before I even attempt making thoughts a possibility. Though organisation is a vital skill to have and will greatly support you in the future especially with management and planning, it can also act as safety mechanism, stopping you from taking that leap of faith.

So say you have an idea, an idea you feel will make a difference in society. Share your idea, gather a force of volunteers...people are looking for something to do! They will help you, just ask. Then establish your idea. I've spent a year debating whether I should turn my initiative into an organisation in it's own right, after much sought after advice, I came to the conclusion...all I need is a few hours and a little bit of patience and I'm pretty much there.

I fathomed for a ridiculous amount of time whether I should pitch for funding....I sent off an application last week...I have a debit card and bank account with a £500 grant in it this week. Though it may not seem like much, it is enough to start up my first event, my first steps into this world as the owner of a rising ambition.

Life is far too short not to carry out your dreams, the worst situation to be in, is when you look back and regret all the things you never managed to do. You never want to be in the position where you have to say to yourself "it's too late".

So make a list of 5 things you want to have done before the end of this year and do them! Be sensible though, visiting every country in the world in one year might be a bit stretched- one step at a time. But creating a manageable list is definitely a thought to excite yourself over...good luck catching dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment